The Salvation Army Mission
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Kroc Center provides a safe and accessible environment that enriches the lives of everyone in our community by providing opportunities for holistic individual success.
Where people learn, grow and succeed.
Joy | Service | Team Player | Excellence | Christ-like
Christian | Community | Teamwork | Stewardship
The Salvation Army Doctrines
Every Kroc Center is a place of worship, with a mission to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Salvation Army’s eleven articles of faith reflect our determination to remain faithful to our standards and principles.
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were given by inspiration of God and that they only constitute the Divine rule of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe that there is only one God who is infinitely perfect, the Creator, Preserver, and Governor of all things, and who is the only proper object of religious worship.
- We believe that there are three persons in the Godhead – the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, undivided in essence and co-equal in power and glory.
- We believe that in the person of Jesus Christ the Divine and human natures are united, so that He is truly and properly God and truly and properly man.
- We believe that we are justified by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and that He that believeth hath the witness in Him self.
- We believe that continuance in a state of salvation depends upon continued obedient faith in Christ.
- We believe that it is the privilege of all believers to be wholly sanctified, and that their whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the immortality of the soul; in the resurrection of the body; in the general judgment at the end of the world; in the eternal happiness of the righteous; and in the endless punishment of the wicked.