Music & Fine Arts
Express Yourself and Expand Your Mind
Joan Kroc dreamed of a place where people could explore, learn, and find ways to enrich their lives – including in the visual and performing arts. At The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center, we offer a variety of classes to help you learn new skills and discover new ways to explore your creativity.
Music and Fine Arts activities are designed for all ages, and our professional staff is here to help you discover your unique talents and gifts in many ways:
- Classes in drama, music, and various styles of dance for all ages are offered throughout the year.
- Visual arts classes include drawing, digital photography, acrylic painting, watercolor, collage, china painting and jewelry making.
- Our Fine Arts facilities feature an Arts and Crafts Studio, a Digital Arts Lab, and a state-of-the-art Music Recording Studio.
- Our Auditorium offers flexible performance space and seats up to 500.
- With additional facility space, class sizes can expand to accommodate break-out sessions and larger class discussion.
- One-on-one instruction is also available in our studio rooms.
- All of our instructors are qualified, experienced professionals in their respective fields.
The Kroc Center strives to bring the highest quality programs, activities, and service to every member of the community. As the Kroc Center continues to expand and grow, new programs will be added according to the needs and demands of the community.
As the excitement continues to build over the opening of the Kroc Center, our music and fine arts staff wishes to engage the community at large to help develop programs the Center will offer. This in-depth, comprehensive survey has already been distributed to more than 1,000 South Bend educators, residents, and youth.
Ready to Get Active?
Download our Program Guide to see all the opportunities we have to offer you. We look forward to seeing you here so you can begin your world-class MyKroc experience.
The Salvation Army
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
900 W. Western Ave.
South Bend, Indiana 46601