“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
Respectful Service In Challenging Circumstances
Our Financial Assistance Program is staffed with compassionate individuals who understand that it can be difficult to ask for help in the midst of a financial crisis. If you are a St. Joseph County resident and are facing any of the following difficulties, we may be able to help:
- Court-ordered eviction notice or scheduled court date
- Disconnection notice from a utility provider
- Utilities are currently disconnected
- Household disaster such as a house fire or flood
- Personal crisis such as a death in the family or fleeing from domestic abuse
Please call our office at 574-233-9471 to schedule an appointment on any Wednesday from 12:30-1:30. During your appointment our Case Worker will personally sit down with you in a confidential environment to discuss your situation and explore the options available to you.
- Appointments are only scheduled over the phone and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Meeting with the Case Worker does not guarantee financial assistance.
- Applicants may receive financial assistance once every 12 months.
- Applicants are asked to apply to their township trustee prior to scheduling an appointment with our office.
On a yearly basis, our program averages
- 23 prevented evictions
- Secured or restored utilities in 321 homes
- 29 alleviated personal or household crises