Sharing is Caring
When you adopt a family, you directly sponsor a local family in need by providing toys and food for them at Christmas time.
How our program works:
- Register online beginning in late October
- Register for the program through our online registration.
- Watch for an email containing information on the adopted family (usually 1-2 weeks after registration)
- Shop! Adopters are asked to provide a minimum of 2 new gifts per child, stocking stuffers, and enough food for a holiday meal plus staples to last through the school break.
- Email an inventory of purchased items to The Salvation Army Christmas Team
- Deliver the packages to the designated site on the date determined
- Adopters also have the option to help distribute gifts during the pick-up day!
- Participate in an intensive phone interview with a member of The Salvation Army Christmas Team
- Pick up Christmas items from the designated site on the date determined
- Complete an anonymous Thank You card for The Salvation Army Christmas team to send to the Adopter
If you are looking for a way for your family to be sponsored through the Adopt-A-Family program, visit the Christmas Assistance page. Adoptees are randomly selected and approximately 10% of those registered for Christmas Assistance are adopted.
Got Feedback about Adopot-A-Family? We want to hear it.
Submit feedback with our online Form