Warning: include(/home/mykroc/public_html/stjosephcounty/about/involvedMenu.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mykroc/public_html/about/adopt.php on line 62
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/mykroc/public_html/stjosephcounty/about/involvedMenu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mykroc/public_html/about/adopt.php on line 62
Sharing is Caring
When you adopt a family, you directly sponsor a local family in need by providing toys and food for them at Christmas time.
How our program works:
- Register for the program through our online registration. Registration for 2012 has closed. Registration for Chirstmas 2013 will open next fall.
- As soon as we can match you up with a family, you will get an email with the first names, ages, clothing sizes, and gift ideas for your adopted family.
- Shop! By signing up for this program, you agree to provide at least what the family would have gotten from us, were they not adopted. Below is the minimum requirement for you to provide. You’re free to give more.
- Enough to cover one holiday meal for the family.
- Supplemental food, acknowledging that when children aren’t in school, more food needs to be in the home.
- Gifts - Please buy 2 new toys plus at least 2 stocking stuffers for each child.
- Email us a basic inventory list of what you’ve purchased.
- Prepare gifts for delivery. For everyone’s safety, adopters must make sure to remain anonymous. Please make no indication such that the adoptees could track you.
- Deliver the items to our distribution site.
Then, for those who wish, there's even a chance to help distribute the gifts to the adoptees!
If you are looking for a way for your family to be sponsored through the Adopt-A-Family program, visit the Christmas Assistance page. Adoptees are randomly selected and approximately 10% of those registered for Christmas Assistance are adopted.